Friday, July 15, 2011

Gratitude Entry #3 - Africa

:::part of the Gratitude Series--for info on the series click here:::

I have felt called to Africa since I was little. In 2006 the Lord opened the first door for me to spend time there. Oh, how I fell in love with that continent. 


I am thankful for friends I have in Zambia and Rwanda. I am thankful for the children in both of those countries who let me be a part of their lives, if only for a little while, and for what they taught me.  I am thankful that in November 2010 I got to share Africa with my husband. I am thankful that his heart is now burdened for this land as well, and I know that our family will have a place there someday.

Here are a few pictures from the three trips I have made to Africa so far. I've got friends who are blessed enough to go more than three times every year...as for me, I am thankful for this handful of trips and anxiously await the next one.

Zambia 2006

With my dear friend, Paul Mulenga, in 2006

My boys praying in Mtendere, Lusaka in 2006

The group from Regents I took in 2007

Mtendere, Lusaka in 2007

With our biggest blessing from Africa, Sarah, our sponsored child in Kayonza, Rwanda 2010

Sunrise over Kigali, Rwanda out our window 2010

Road trip in Rwanda 2010

Clay playing in Kageyo, Rwanda 2010

Thankful for new friends in Kageyo, Rwanda 2010

Oh I loved watching him serve these babies, Rwanda 2010

Thankful for old friends in Rwanda, too!

Kageyo, Rwanda 2010

Kageyo, Rwanda 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment