Monday, March 16, 2009

Teaching

I am 3/4 of the way through my first year of teaching.  So far, here is a list of the top 10 reasons I love it. They are in no particular order, and if the number has an  * by it, then it means this reason is likely unique to the school at which I teach.

  1. My kids show love in refreshingly unexpected ways.
  2. *I am shown daily how God works in the lives of our youngest brothers & sisters.  I never cease to be amazed by the Holy Spirit's work in them.
  3. I am constantly challenged to find new ways of presenting old ideas to keep my kids engaged.
  4. *The parents in my classroom have gone out of their way to make me feel welcomed and encouraged on a weekly basis.  Several of them have been a balm to my soul during times of trial this year, and I hope they know how much I appreciate them. 
  5. I love learning -- and to teach something really forces you to learn it.
  6. *Mentoring my children in more than just the rules of the English language -- actually mentoring them in areas that have eternal consequence is a burden and a joy all at the same time.
  7. *My team is incredible. I am surrounded by Pauls and Barnabases who spur me on not only in my teaching skills, but in my walk with the Lord. I am truly blessed.
  8. Our literature books are awesome.
  9. I am increasing my vocabulary by ridding it of banned words.
  10. *I haven't gotten to do this yet -- but I already know it makes the list. Next month we are going to NASA for 3 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment