Sunday, March 6, 2011

PJ Party

On Friday the 5th grade team hosted a PJ party for our girls at school. The theme of the evening was identity. Where do you find your identity? Are you lost in the Performance Trap? Always needing to have the best grades, projects, play, musical performance, work presentation, paper...the list goes on. Are you an Approval Addict? Always searching for the approval and acceptance of peers, parents, teachers, bosses, boys (or girls)?

As believers our identity is securely hidden in Christ alone. Not in our accomplishments or even in who on this earth loves us.

We had a beautiful break out time and I love the girls who were in my group...only one is actually in my class, so it was a chance to get to know other girls. Before they left, each wrote on a prayer card for me (method I am trying out after reading A Praying Life: Connecting with God in a Distracting World). They each wrote what "trap" their identity is caught in and how I can pray they would find it in Christ. I hope to continue the conversation with them over the remaining weeks we have with this group of kids.

I love my job! Aaaand in one month we'll be at NASA!

No comments:

Post a Comment