Monday, June 20, 2011

Gratitude Entry #1 - My Job

Welcome to the first installment of 30 Weeks of Gratitude. These aren't going to be a in a particular order...just an opportunity to verbalize and take account of a few of the many blessings in my life.


My Job

Most of you know that I work at a classical Christian school.  The campus is BEAU-TI-FUL and the hearts of the people I work with and for are even more beautiful. I am surrounded daily by people who spur me on in my faith, fill my cup, and teach me more about the Savior I love. They share their lives with me: the good, the bad, and the amazing. They show me what it means to raise up children in the Way they should go. They demonstrate love, grace and mercy daily. They allow me to walk with them through sorrows and celebrate with them in victories. We laugh. A lot. Some of the folks I work with are among my closest friends. All are people I trust to intercede for me before the Lord.

I believe the education system in our country is broken and has been broken for some time...I'm not a fan of progressivism and believe John Dewey played a major role in the dumbing down of American education. I believe that the return to the liberal arts tradition with a Christian world view is an answer to the problems. Click here to read more on Classical Christian Education. I feel incredibly blessed and privileged to be a part of this movement.

My job is not perfect. No job is. But mine is exactly where the Lord wants me and I treasure every moment I have with this community.

Teammates in a classroom in Kayonza, Rwanda over our Thanksgiving Break 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment