Saturday, March 6, 2010

Malaria

The last time I was in Lusaka I went to a bookstore at Manda Hill. I picked up a book written by a German guy back in the '30s and I was taken with a quote on the back. The gist of it was Africa is like malaria - it gets in your blood and you are forever infected by the land and her people.

To continue the simile, this week I had a relapse. I can't get Africa off my mind or out of my heart. I spent time poring over blogs of friends of friends who are there, reading up on missions organizations that work specifically in sub-Saharan Africa, talking to a friend who is preparing to head to Lusaka long-term, and thinking about how/when I will get back.

I don't know what the Lord's plans are. I have learned not to try to out-think Him, or guess at what His will is. He will reveal His perfect plan, in His perfect time. I am praying that I will be attentive to His direction.

Until then....


Kids crowding outside the bus in George Compound, Lusaka, Zambia


George Compound, Lusaka, Zambia


In Mtendere, Lusaka, Zambia with my Jonas and his sister at their school (Jesus Army)


On the road in Lusaka


Grocery Mtendere/Kalingalinga areas of Lusaka

No comments:

Post a Comment