Sunday, December 28, 2008

The First Day...

After a rather rocky ending to 2007 - an overwhelming break-up and Mimi's passing - I could not have imagined that 2008 would be so remarkable.

On New Year's Day I was all but offered a position with Presbyterian Children's Homes & Services that resuced me from what had slowly evolved into a toxic work enviornment. January 20, the night before I began work at PCHAS, I went on my first date with Clay Dixon. Seven days ago we celebrated 11 months. I have learned so much from and with
him - he is truly medicine to my soul. In February I began the very long process of applying to teach. In May I was offered at 5th grade classroom....and in August I officially began teaching. In between those milestones I made new friends, had a great time celebrating birthdays and weddings, had an amazing puppy for a few short months, and have had the opportunity to get my finances in order.

As blessed and amazing as 2008 was, I have been ignoring, for quite some time, that I am in need of some maintenance: physical and spiritual. I am now ready to start this difficult process. My hope and goal for 2009 is to be healthier in all arenas. To be content where God has me, but to be actively pursuing growth in areas within my control.

So here are the steps to achieving said goals:
  • Daily, non-negotiable time in prayer, meditation and the Word. No matter how crappy I feel about myself that day, how unworthy Satan tells me I am, or how much I don't "feel" like a Christian in the moment.
  • Moving my sedentary body for at least 3o minutes a day. I would LOVE to be able to run a 5K this year.
  • Eating healthier, as gluten-free as possible, consuming more water on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment