Monday, December 15, 2008

Holy Night

Strongly recommending this sermon (Oh Holy Night: The Reckless Love of God) to any and all believers. Matt is preaching on the lyrics of "Holy Night" in preparation for Christmas. In his estimation (though I butchered the words), next to "Come Emmanuel" the most theologically sound Christmas song ever. You will never sing the song the same again, and you will never read the story of the Prodigal Son (now to me known as the "Recklessly Loving Father") with the same emphasis again.


We got through verse one last week. The first time I sang "Holy Night" was for Madrigal in high school. Even then the words "long lay the world in sin and error pining till He appeared and the soul felt its worth" moved me to tears thinking of my Savior's love. Now, delving deeper into that meaning is even more awe inspiring.


I hope you'll listen, and check back next week, or join us at the Stone for service on Sunday, to jump into verse 2. Also, if you are in Austin for Christmas Eve we will be having 2 services (5p & 7p) at the school...and yes, we will be singing "Holy Night". I was blessed enough to attend choir practice yesterday in preparation for it. Amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment